Effective Date: September 5, 2018
- Website and Services: Through this Website, we provide information and services, including written materials, video content, and educational tools, which may include seminars, downloadable courses, presentation materials, streaming content, publications and blog posts. All content provided on this Website is for your general information and use only, and is subject to change without notice. We are not engaged in providing legal, technical, or other professional advice. You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes, comply with all rules governing any transactions on and through the Website, and comply with applicable laws.
The quality of the content you access on this Website may be affected by a variety of factors, including your connection, the content being downloaded or streamed, and your location. LCI makes no representations or warranties regarding access to Website content in connection with the Services.
We may alter, suspend, or discontinue this Website and/or our Services, in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason, without notice. We may restrict access to portions of our Website and/or Services, for some or all users, from time to time. The Website may also periodically become unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment or for other reasons. We reserve the right to modify or change the Website or any of the Services, with or without notice to you, and we are not obligated to support or update the Website or any Services.
- Registration. To access certain Services on this Website, you may be asked to provide certain registration information (including your name, email address, and telephone number), and to create a username and password (your “Login Credentials”) that will be used to access your profile (your “Member Profile”). You represent and warrant that all information provided by you is accurate and complete. You are responsible for protecting your Login Credentials from unauthorized use, and you are responsible for all activity on your account. You agree to notify us immediately if you believe that your Login Credentials have been or may be used without your permission so that appropriate action can be taken. We are not responsible for losses or damage caused by your failure to safeguard your Login Credentials. You agree that you will maintain and promptly update your Member Profile to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect such, we reserve the right to terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of this Website and/or our Services.
- Intellectual Property Rights. LCI owns or licenses all content on this Website, including all underlying materials, information, and articles, all of which are protected by United States copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property rights.
While we welcome your feedback, ideas, and suggestions, it is important to be aware of the following restrictions. If you send us feedback, ideas, or suggestions (collectively, “unsolicited ideas”), you agree that: (1) your unsolicited ideas become the property of LCI and you are not owed any compensation in exchange; (2) none of the unsolicited ideas contain confidential or proprietary information of any third party; (3) LCI may use or redistribute unsolicited ideas for any purpose and in any way; (4) there is no obligation for LCI to review your unsolicited ideas; and (5) LCI has no obligation to keep any unsolicited ideas confidential.
- Notice of Copyright Infringement, DMCA Agent. LCI does not permit copyright infringing activities to occur on this Website and may remove any content of any kind, for example, if properly informed that certain content infringes upon another’s copyright rights. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content on this Website infringes upon your copyrights, you may notify LCI by providing the following information in writing:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and a description of the infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit LCI to locate the same;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit LCI to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed.
Our contact for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
Lean Construction Institute
1400 North 14th Street, 12th Floor
Arlington, VA 22209
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements above, your notice may not be valid. Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
- Use this Website or the Services in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries);
- Engage in any other content that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm LCI or users of the Website or the Services, or expose them to liability;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Website account, computer systems or networks associated with LCI or the Website;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content, or initiate communication that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website;
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material, which are malicious or technologically harmful;
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate LCI, an LCI employee, another user, or any other person or entity;
- Interfere with or disrupt LCI’s servers or any networks connected to LCI, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to LCI.
- Payment of Fees. You are responsible for the timely payment of any fees and for providing LCI with a valid payment method for payment of all fees through one of the methods that we list on our Website from time to time.
- Refunds. Other than when expressly set forth on our Services as updated from time to time, or to correct any errors made by LCI, LCI has no obligation to provide refunds or credits, but may grant them in certain circumstances in LCI’s sole discretion.
Specifically, you may view, copy, print, and share material from our Website and our Services subject to the following conditions:
- Your use of the Services and materials made available through this Website is for internal, non-commercial, informational purposes only.
- You will not copy, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or otherwise display material from this Website for commercial or public purposes without the express written permission of LCI for such use.
- You will prominently display LCI’s copyright notice (© 2018 Lean Construction Institute, all rights reserved) and our Website address in connection with your use of the Services and materials.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The website, services, and any materials made available through or in connection with the website are provided to you “as is” without any warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory. You agree that you must bear all risk associated with the use of the website. Neither we nor any third party partners provide any warranty or guaranty as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent possible by law. Neither LCI nor any of its third party partners represent, warrant, or covenant that the website will be secure, uninterrupted, or error free. LCI further makes no warranty that the website will be free of viruses, worms or Trojan horses or that it will function or operate in conjunction with any other product or software. You expressly agree that use of the website is at your sole risk and that LCI, its affiliates, and their third party partners shall not be responsible for any termination, interruption of services, delays, errors, failures of performance, defects, line failures, or omissions associated with the website or your use thereof. Your sole remedy against LCI for dissatisfaction with the website or the content is to cease your use of the website and/or the content.
- Limitation of Liability. LCI and our affiliate entities shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind, under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, use, data, loss of other intangibles, loss of security of information you have provided in connection with your use of the website or services, or unauthorized interception of any such information by third parties, even if advised in advance of such damages or losses. In particular, and without limitation, LCI and our related entities will not be liable for damages of any kind resulting from your access to or use of, or inability to access or use, the website or services, or from any content posted on the website or in connection with the services by LCI or any third party. Your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with the website or services is to stop using the site or services. The maximum liability of LCI for all damages, losses and causes of action, whether in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence) or otherwise, shall be the total amount, if any, paid by you to LCI to access and use the site or services.
- Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated by you or LCI. LCI may terminate your access to or use of the Website and the Services, at any time and for any reason. Upon any such termination, LCI may immediately discontinue your access to your Member Account, the Website, and the Services. LCI may immediately remove your Login Credentials, without prior notice, and deactivate your Member Account. You agree that LCI shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Website or the Services, or to any such information or materials, and shall not be required to make any of the Services, information or materials available to you post registration.
You may deactivate your Member Account at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.